Camping in Chopta
Camping in Chopta is a wonderful way to explore this delightful region which has untouched, unique, and scenic beauty all around. This region is a part of Kedarnath wildlife sanctuary known for its one of the richest biodiversity in the world. Discover natural lake, closest Grater Himalayan view, alpine meadows, evergreen forest, world’s highest Shiva temple, adventure activities and much more.
For Nature lovers and trekking enthusiast, Chopta is must visit destination because of its untouched, unique and simple scenic beauty. Its tranquility, greenery all around, and beautiful panoramic scenic view of snow clad lofty Himalayan peaks are innately heart taking.
Camping in Chopta is the best mode to experience the beauty of Chopta so, We The Magpie group established a camp site “The Magpie Jungle Camp” on Chopta- Gopeshwar road, located at a height of 2350 mts above sea level amidst the evergreen dense Alpine forest of oak and deodar with the clear Himalayan range view. The Camp has specious alpine meadow perfect to do outdoor activities like birding, obstacle courses , adventure activities and so many other outdoor games. Tranquilly of this camp site make it different from other roadside accommodations/ camps because its 300 mts upwards from motor road and you will be relaxed and uninterrupted from hustle and bustle of tourists flocking this region.
Click here to Know about Magpie Jungle Camp Chopta .
ALPINE (DOME TYPE TENTS) CAMPING IN CHOPTA – A Budget Camping in Chopta.
If you want to experience the camping in Chopta without spending too much, Magpie group offers economical customized packages. (Dome type smaller tents in different location and trekking routes around Chopta as per client’s preference & requirement).
The equipment we use are of highest ranking used worldwide by professionals.
Facilities in the Alpine/dome tent style camping in Chopta
- Dome tents or family tents which are all season i.e. can withstand snow, wind & rain as well
- Toilet will be dry pit western style
- Food will be multi-cuisine including Indian & Chinese
- Filtered drinking water will be provided.
- Camp will also have either an open or closed air dining depending on the weather situation
- Good quality mattress along with sub zero sleeping bags
- We also use Camping stool, table in outdoor camping.
- We provide trekking pole, shoes on nominal charges for trekking.
THINGS TO DO IN MAGPIE JUNGLE CAMP CHOPTA
To spend leisure moments we offer some adventurous-recreational activities in camp surroundings. Visitors can involve themselves in these activities like…..
- Obstacle activities, with 9 different obstacles: Burma Bridge, 02. Double Rope Bridge, 03. Cat Walk, 04. Rope Ladder, 05. Commando Crawl, 06. Tarzan Swing, 7. Balance Beam 8.Monkey Crawl, 9 Rope climbing.
- Outdoor sports activities: Volley Ball, Football, Badminton and Cricket, Golf (chargeable) etc.
- Adventure Sports Activities: Rock climbing, Rappelling, Tree climbing, River crossing etc.
- Team Building Activities: According to Group strength and interest these activities are explained on spot at the Camp.
- Indoor Games: Card, Chess, and Carom etc.
- Nature activities: In camp surroundings visitors enjoy jungle walking, bird watching, wildlife watching, star gazing and nature photography etc.